In early July, ten pastorates became the 2019 Cohort, activated to engage in intentional, evangelization-based pastorate planning in the coming year. This will be the third cohort to enter into this graced time of prayer, reflection, conversation, and discernment about the ways in which Christ’s saving love might be made known more profoundly – in this time and in these places.
The 2019 Cohort pastorates are:
- St. Peter (Hancock) (Fr. Jack Lombardi, pastor)
- St. John (Columbia) (Fr. Gerry Bowen, pastor)
- Our Lady of Victory (Fr. John Rapisarda, pastor)
- St. Philip Neri – St. Clement (Fr. Michael DeAscanis, pastor)
- Holy Family (Randallstown) (Fr. Ray Harris, pastor)
- St. Michael – St. Clement Mary Hofbauer – Annunciation (Friar Tim Dore, pastor)
- St. John (Hydes) (Fr. Pete Literal, pastor)
- St. Andrew by the Bay (Fr. Jeff Dauses, pastor)
- St. Wenceslaus – St. Ann – St. Francis Xavier (Rev. Xavier Edet, S.S.J., pastor)
- St. Leo (Fr. Bernie Carman, S.A.C., pastor)
The Be Missionary Disciples website (www.BeMissionaryDisciples.org) has been updated and redesigned. With two pastorate phases already activated and another one just getting started, the updated content captures not only the work that is being undertaken and the fruit that is being produced from this work, but also places a stronger emphasis on the Gospel-inspired priorities that underpin this work.
We call these priorities the Core Mission Priorities – the six areas within which each pastorate should be examining their missionary impulse to know and make known the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Click here to go directly to the Core Mission Priorities page and download a copy of the new workbook, a tool designed for facilitated or self-guided reflection and discernment on the Core Mission Priorities.
With the Pilot Phase (2017 Cohort) and Phase IA (2018 Cohort) pastorates’ planning work completed or well on its way, a four-part update on the experience so far has been compiled. The series reminds us of the reasons why Be Missionary Disciples is being undertaken, summarizes the work being done and some of the lessons learned along the way, and answers some frequently asked questions about pastorate planning. Click below to view or download the series, or go to the Planning tab on the website for additional detail about all of these topics and more!
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Equip for Ministry – Hispanic Pastoral Formation – update; Msgr. O’Dwyer 55th Annual Golf Tournament; Volunteers Needed for Holy Innocents Ministry Read more
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Religious Freedom week; Cardinal Turkson’s visit to Basilica Read more
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: V Encuentro testimony videos; Video tools for understanding Missionary Discipleship and Evangelization Read more