Mission Matters: Feb. 21, 2017
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: MAC fruits; Sharing meditations for Lent; Resource spotlight – Vocation VBS; Adult faith formation speaker; CRS Rice Bowl; plus this Thursday’s blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s post
Called to be Stretched, by Sue Gudenkauf, Coordinator for Deaf Ministry
Parish Table Talk
• A record breaking MAC! The days of the Mid-Atlantic Congress – MAC – last week were a graced time of learning, fellowship and renewal. A resounding thank you to all of you who assisted in various ways to make the Congress a success. We join in prayer asking the Holy Spirit to continue to water the seeds sown at MAC so that they may bear fruit in our lives and in our ministries.
• Lenten Resources to Share: Among many Lenten programs and resources available for parish use in evangelization, consider sharing these electronic options for daily conversion: Redeemed Online does the Lenten campaign #ShareJesus; Dynamic Catholic is again offering Best Lent Ever; Bishop Barron through Word on Fire shares daily meditations and gives some tips on how to share them with your parish. What other Lenten resources would you recommend for our parishes this Lent?
• Resource Spotlight: Looking for a new VBS resource? Check out this one with a focus on vocations. If you have or will be using this in your parish, leave a review in our resource section of the BeMissionaryDisciples.org website.
• Speaker available for your parish: One of the Mega Workshops at MAC was by apologist Steven Hemler, author of The Reality of God. The reviews from his talk were very positive, and Steven emphasized that he is willing to speak at parishes in the Archdiocese of Baltimore at no charge. To find out more about Steven and the talk titles he offers, visit his website cainaweb.org
• CRS Lenten Resources: Were you able to see and pray CRS’ Stations of the Cross at MAC? CRS is also offering a Lent app, and of course, the CRS Rice Bowl is a wonderful way to teach almsgiving and connect parishioners to the global outreach of the Church.
These are great! Thanks for sharing them and all the detail. Should we just contact Steven Hemler directly through his website as an individual parish/group? Or is there an ArchBalt contact to work through ?
Glad some of these resources might be helpful to you. You can contact Steven directly, through his website.