https://bemissionarydisciples.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MissionMatters-effect.jpg 667 1200 Abby Kibler https://live-bemissionarydisciples.pantheonsite.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/BMBLogo_400x80_E.png Abby Kibler2016-02-23 09:00:282016-02-22 18:41:51Mission Matters: Feb. 23, 2016
Mission Matters: Feb. 23, 2016
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Responding to confusion on Zika virus; Divine Renovation Network; Year of Mercy Resources and Updates; Holy Week Resources; Transitions; plus this Thursday’s Blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s Post:
Be Kind to Your Neighbor As Yourself… Said Jesus Never, by Abby Kibler, Coordinator of Discipleship Formation.
Parish Table Talk
- Getting questions about Pope Francis’ statements on Zika virus and contraception? Dr. Janet Smith gives a very thorough explanation of the Church’s teaching and reasoning, and how that applies to the question of using contraception in response to the Zika virus. Spoiler alert: God’s revelation about the truth and meaning of human sexuality still stand.
- Divine Renovation Network. Did you attend the MAC track with Fr. James Mallon and want to keep the training alive? Or do you wish you did and want to know more about his guidance for parish renewal? Then check out the network committed to your parish’s renovation.
- Youth and Young Adult Ministers: when we sign up our groups for events, are we preparing their hearts as well as their permission forms? Find some great tools for preparing for the Archdiocesan Youth Pilgrimage on March 19th.
- Year of Mercy with Families. Lent is a great time to encourage families to engage in the Year of Mercy. Perhaps the Passport to the Holy Doors or other Year of Mercy resources would help them live out the graces of this Jubilee Year.
- 24 Hours for the Lord. Pope Francis has invited all dioceses throughout the world to join him in a Lenten celebration “24 Hours for the Lord” from March 4-5, with extended opportunities for Eucharistic adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Each region in our archdiocese has a designated church for this celebration. More information is posted on the ArchBalt website. Encourage all parishioners to participate — remember, “There is no doubt that a flood of graces will descend upon your family and the world if more souls would become docile pupils of adoration.” – Pope St. John XXIII
- Triduum Resources. Help your parishioners accompany Our Lord through the Church’s celebration of the Paschal Mysteries. Share “Your Essential Guide to the Triddum” from Busted Halo, or maybe a series of meditations for the week? Or video:
- After 9 ½ years of faithful service to the O’Dwyer Retreat House, Business Manager Michael Ciattei is leaving to accept a position at St. Joseph Parish in Cockeysville in March. Michael served the House with enthusiasm, dedication, and skill during his time there. There could be no better representative of and witness for the House’s mission. We wish Michael and his family all good things and God’s blessings in his new position.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!