Mission Matters: Feb. 28, 2017
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: “Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment”; Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat; Resource spotlight – Amazing Parish; Annapolis Update on PAS; V Encuentro; Middle School Ministry Day; Lenten resources; plus this Thursday’s blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s post
Lent and Pope Francis, by Ruth Puls, Director of the Division of Catechetical and Pastoral Formation
Parish Table Talk
• “Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment”: The Vatican has released the preparatory document for the synod on “Youth, Faith and Vocational Discernment.” Those of you who work with young people are encouraged to take time to read and reflect on this preparatory document.
• Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat: There will be a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat March 17-19th for anyone who is experiencing grief over a past abortion. Please contact www.project-rachel.net for details.
• Resource Spotlight: Did you miss the Showcase presentations on Thursday morning of MAC? One of the featured showcases was The Amazing Parish. This national movement helps pastoral leaders support the missionary conversion of their parishes. Visit their website for many valuable tools and resources for your parish’s transformation. If you have or will be using the ideas or resources from The Amazing Parish in your parish, leave a review in our resource section of the BeMissionaryDisciples.org website.
• Annapolis Update on Physician Assisted Suicide: On February 17th, the Maryland House of Representatives committee had a hearing on Physician Assisted Suicide. The bill is set to be heard now by the Senate committee on March 7th. Please pray that this bill will not pass in Maryland. For more information on the bill, check out the infographic provided by Maryland Against Physician Assisted Suicide.
• V Encuentro: Hispanic parish leaders met this past Saturday training in preparation for the V Encuentro. The main goal of the V Encuentro is to discern ways in which the Church in the United States can better respond to the Hispanic/Latino presence, and to strengthen the ways in which Hispanics/Latinos respond to the call to the New Evangelization as missionary disciples serving the entire Church. To learn more about how you can get involved in the V Encuentro, contact Lia Salinas firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-547-5363 in the Office of Hispanic Ministry.
• Middle School Ministry Day: The Division of Youth and Young Adult Ministry for the Archdiocese would like to invite you to a training day for all those who work with Middle School/Early Adolescent youth. For more information about the day and how to register open this flyer.
• Lenten Resources: In addition to the resources listed in last week’s post, the Catholic Apostolate Center has curated a number of resources all on one webpage. There are webinars, blogs, and even a Facebook Live event coming up on March 2.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!