This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Lent is Coming; Mercy Now; Lobby Night; Annapolis 101 and Transitions, plus this Thursday’s Blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s Post:
How can we respond to the Church’s call to be faithful citizens and help shape the moral character of society? by Linda Brenegan, Director of the Office of Respect Life.
Parish Table Talk
- Lent is coming! Yes, it is still the Christmas season and we celebrate Epiphany tomorrow, but we know you are already planning for Lent. Busted Halo has a wonderful 2 minute introduction to Lent. You can email this to your parents, play it at your Youth Ministry gatherings, or post it on your parish website, Facebook or Twitter pages. How will your parish reach out to your families during Lent?
- Mercy Now: Leisa Anslinger has just published this free resource. We have added it to our resources page along with other resources in the Year of Mercy category. Please give us your feedback on how you might use this in your parish as we continue to celebrate the Year of Mercy!
- Lobby Night with the MD Catholic Conference has been moved to February 9th this year.
- Annapolis 101 (sponsored by the MD March for Life Committee) will be January 30th. See their facebook page for more details.
Have you Registered yet for MAC? You won’t want to miss our amazing keynote speakers, including Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Dr. Carolyn Woo, Mike and Cathy Carotta and Mark Hart.
- We are excited to welcome back Regina McCurdy to our Department of Human Resources at the Catholic Center.
- On December 31, 2015 Deacon John Conway Gramling of Immaculate Conception Parish passed away. Vigil service will be recited at 7:30 PM. Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 10 AM at the Church of the Immaculate Conception 200 Ware Ave., Towson. For John’s soul we pray: Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.
Questions? Feedback? Please leave a comment below.