This week’s “Parish Table Talk”:Equip for Ministry in Spanish; Open Wide the Doors; Catholic Schools Week 2018; #ShareJesus: Lenten Series; Given – February 10th; World Youth Day – Panama; World Day of the Sick 2018
Parish Table Talk
• Equip for Ministry now available in Spanish: Are you or someone you know a leader in the Hispanic community looking for ministry formation? “Equip” Training for Ministry is a formation process for lay ministers of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. A number of courses have been prepared for our Spanish-speaking lay leaders. For more information or to register for these courses, please feel free to contact John Fredy Jiménez at email@example.com or at 410-547-5450. More information can also be found in these flyers: Online courses/In class courses/Course for Catechists.
• What Would Happen If We Opened Wide the Doors? See what happens when one parish opens wide the doors to a youth conference taking place with their parish boundaries. “Do not be afraid. Open wide the doors to Christ…Let Christ speak to man, He alone has the words of eternal life.” – Pope St. John Paul II
• Catholic Schools Week 2018: This week, January 28-February 3 is Catholic Schools Week. The theme for this year is: “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” In many of the schools around the Archdiocese this week, there will be opportunities to engage with our schools and their students and to celebrate the impact that Catholic schools have on our Church and the community.
• #ShareJesus: Lenten Series: Looking for a Lenten Scriptural study? Join #ShareJesus as they walk through the Gospel of Mark. Sign up today for this shareable and social media friendly Lenten Series and watch this promo video.
• Given: Unveiling the Mystery of Marriage: Are couples in your parish looking for a time to reconnect and be refreshed on Valentine’s Day weekend? Given: Unveiling the Mystery of Marriage is a retreat for dating, engaged and married couples with engaging speakers, energizing music and real conversations. On February 10, 2018 at St. Joseph in Cockeysville, Sarah Koger will lead worship, while Dom Quaglia will be the main speaker. For more information and to register go to: www.archbalt.org/marriage or follow on GIVEN on Facebook.
• World Youth Day – Panama: World Youth Day is one year away! The Archdiocese of Baltimore is taking a delegation of young adults to Panama in January 2019 for World Youth Day with the Holy Father and about a million young adults from around the world. For more information please see World Youth Day AOB or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Registration is now open!
• World Day of the Sick 2018: Our Holy Father has announced that February 11, 2018 will be the World Day of the Sick. This is a day where we pay special attention to the care that we give to those who suffer with sickness and disease. A World Day of the Sick Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Denis Madden (World day of the Sick -2018_flyer) with an opportunity for the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary at 10:45am on February 11, 2018. Prayer resources and homily helps can be found on these sites: CHAUSA prayer resources, CHAUSA homily helps, NACC prayer resources, a prayer service, and a downloadable prayer card.