Mission Matters: Mar. 28, 2017
This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Remembering Cardinal Keeler; Retreat for Families with Special Needs; Leader training for ministry to divorced and separated; Resource spotlight – St. Paul Street Evangelization; Post-abortion healing retreats; Prepare-Enrich training; MD March for Life rescheduled; plus this Thursday’s blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s post: “Are You Alive?” by Craig Gould, Director of the Division of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Parish Table Talk
• Remembering Cardinal Keeler: Today we join with many faithful throughout the Archdiocese to celebrate his life and commend his soul to God. To share a remembrance of Cardinal Keeler visit cardinalwilliamkeeler.com. To join us virtually through the live feed of the funeral today at 2pm, visit the ArchBalt Facebook page.
• Retreat Day for Families with Special Needs: On May 7th, the Office of Special Needs Ministry is sponsoring a retreat day for families with special needs at the Msgr. O’Dwyer Retreat House. To register, mail in the registration form, or contact Deacon Bill Flemming by email or phone, 410-547-5372.
• Training for those who minister to the divorced or separated: On Thursday May 11th, the Office of Marriage and Family Life is sponsoring a Leader Training for the Catholic’s Divorce Survival Guide. Rose Sweet will be leading the training, which will be held at St. Ursula’s in Parkville. For more information on the training and how to register, open the event flyer.
• Resource Spotlight: Want to engage in direct evangelization with those in your community? Looking for training in how to be a better evangelizer? Check out St. Paul Street Evangelization, an organization founded in 2012 which provides the tools and resources for Catholics to engage the culture in a simple, non-confrontational method of evangelization which involves making themselves available to the public to answer questions about the faith and to pray with those who request it. With four local chapters already established in the Archdiocese, you could join an existing team or start a new one for your area. Are you already involved with St. Paul Street Evangelization or have you participated in their training? If you are already active or if you have or will be using their resources in your parish, leave a review in our resource section of the BeMissionaryDisciples.org website.
• Do you know someone who is suffering after an experience with abortion? Please share with them an invitation to a peaceful, prayerful Project Rachel retreat: April 8, 2017: Come to the Waters of Healing (for women). Registration deadline is Monday, April 3rd. June 3, 2017: Come to the Waters of Healing (for women). Registration deadline is Monday, May 29th. So many women and men are grieving. Help them find hope and healing. For more information or to register, please contact email@example.com or (410) 625-8491.
• Prepare-Enrich training: Wondering how to make sense of the pre-marital inventory? There will be a training on April 22nd at St. Joseph in Sykesville from 9am-3pm. For more information contact the Office of Marriage and Family Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Maryland March for Life Rescheduled: After being canceled due to the snow, the Maryland March for Life in Annapolis has been rescheduled to April 3rd. The schedule has been changed from the original plan; more information can be found on their website or facebook page.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!