This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: The Pope’s monthly universal intentions; Thanksgiving for the fruits of the events this weekend; Youth Pilgrimage; Camp Glow; Marriage stats; PAS Bill; Symposium; plus this Thursday’s Blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s Post:
Caring for God’s Creation: A Passion for the Lost and Forgotten, by Deacon Seigfried Presberry, Director of Prison Ministry.
Parish Table Talk
- Prayer intention: We remember Pope Francis’ intentions for the month of March, for families in difficulties and for persecuted Christians.
- The Catholic Men’s Fellowship Annual Conference was a great success, with 1,250 participants; 650 confessions heard, many for first time; and all the speakers were excellent. Archbishop Lori spent the afternoon with the conference participants and celebrated Mass to close.
- The Social Justice Ministry Convocation was likewise a great day of gathering and speakers. This Thursday’s blog post will give more details and reflections from the day.
- We give thanks for the many graces bestowed during the 24 Hours for the Lord. The Jubilee Year of Mercy is an abundant opportunity for spiritual growth and conversion — hopefully the outpouring of this weekend will flow into our parish communities. (See photo.)
- Youth and Young Adult Pilgrimage March 19th: Reminder to send in registrations!
- Camp Glow: If you have parishioners that might be interested in disabilities ministry, consider inviting them to be a companion at Camp Glow this summer. It is a wonderful opportunity to participate in an experience of spiritual enrichment and social interaction with persons with disabilities that is truly unique. Contact Deacon Bill Fleming for more information, 410-547-5372.
- A book on the recent declines in marriage and the marriage age highlights some surprising statistics. What can we do or are we already doing in our parishes to promote a healthy understanding of the vocation to Matrimony?
- Physician Assisted Suicide Bill: Thankfully the bill has been withdrawn from the Maryland Senate and will not be voted on this year. You can read more about the decision from the Catholic Review’s reporting.
- Symposium for Medical Professionals: Reach out to medical professionals in your parish, especially those involved in your health care ministry, to invite them to the 6th Symposium for Medical Professionals on April 16th. For more information or to RSVP contact the Respect Life Office, (410) 547-5231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.