This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Multicultural Faith; A spiritual retreat; The mystery of marriage; Quick Deaf Ministry tips; plus this Thursday’s blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s Post:
Got Kerygma? by Abby Kibler, Coordinator of Discipleship Formation
• Multicultural faith: In this article by Alejandro Aguilera-Titus, you will find principles for a more effective catechesis among Hispanics. Also, consider reviewing these resources and timeline of the V Encuentro, a four-year process of ecclesial action aiming to discern ways to better respond to the Hispanic presence in the United States.
• A spiritual retreat: The Apostles of the Interior Life from Kansas City, KS, will be offering a mission entitled “Experiencing the Freedom of a Spiritual Plan of Life” on Friday, November 11 – Saturday, November 12 at St. Philip Neri Catholic Church in Linthicum. The Apostles of the Interior Life will also be giving a talk on Spiritual Mentorship on Thursday, November 10 at 7 p.m. at St. Philip Neri Church and Sunday, November 13 at 3 p.m. at Mount St. Mary’s University. Contact Fr. Brian Nolan at 301-447-5223 for more information.
• Unveiling the Mystery of Marriage: The Office of Marriage and Family Life has organized GIVEN, a day of inspiring talks, energizing music, and real conversations for dating, married, and engaged couples. It will take place on December 10, 2016 at St. William of York, Baltimore, MD. Click here for information on registration and FAQs.
Quick Deaf Ministry Tips:
How to make Sign Language Interpreters feel welcome
• Consider having announcements made at the beginning or at the end of the Mass
• Provide copies of the hymns or the list of songs in advance
• Make a list of the Prayers of the Faithful readily available