This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Year of Mercy; Hello from our staff on retreat; Thanksgiving fun facts for Catholics; MAC tracks; plus Transitions and this Thursday’s Blog post.
Watch for this Thursday’s Post:
Q. What has 1,200,000 feet, 600,000 heads, and one huge heart? by Linda Brenegan, Director of Office of Respect Life
- Jubilee Year of Mercy begins December 8th. The Catholic Center staff will be taking this opportunity to perform charitable acts of mercy at various community service organizations in our area, so if we are not at our desks on that Tuesday, you will know we are giving back to the community. Please share how your parish is planning to celebrate the upcoming Year of Mercy!
As you are reading this, we are on a Catholic Center staff retreat at the Shrine of St. Anthony. We have an opportunity to pray before the Blessed Sacrament, go to reconciliation, celebrate Mass with Archbishop Lori and hear from some talented colleagues from Boston about forming disciples in mission. Please know that we are keeping you and your parishes in our prayers.
- Thanksgiving is almost upon us, and here are some interesting Catholic facts about this holiday. We hope you all have a wonderful time of thanks with your loved ones and receive God’s richest blessings as we head into the new liturgical year!
Track your Formation: Whether you are a parish or diocesan leader, there are so many options for formation at MAC. The Congress offers tracks in Catechesis, Catholic Schools, Communication/Social Media, Evangelization, Family Life, Inclusion Ministry, Multicultural Ministry, Prayer & Spirituality, Priestly Life, Worship and Youth & Young Adult Ministry.
- Regina McCurdy, Employee Relations Manager for Human Resources will be starting a new position at Mt. St. Mary’s University.
- Samantha Hall, Assistant Director of Communications will be starting a position at Our Lady of Grace school in Parkton.
- Amanda Briggs, who also works in digital and multi-media in the Communications Office will be relocating away from Baltimore with her husband.
We wish these three ladies all the best in their new positions and locations!
Questions? Feedback? Please leave a comment below.