This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: USCCB 100th Anniversary Mass; Bishop Barron at the Basilica; Life is Beautiful Save the Date; Young Adult Evening Prayer w/Abp. Lori; Event for Prison Ministry Volunteers and Those Interested in the Ministry; WYD in Panama
Parish Table Talk
• USCCB 100th Anniversary Mass: On November 12, 2017, the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops (USCCB) began their Fall meeting with an opening Mass in celebration of their centenary anniversary at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption. If you were unable to attend, you can watch the Mass here on EWTN’s Facebook page.
• Bishop Barron at the Basilica: Bishop Robert Barron was the celebrant and homilist at the 10:45am Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption on November 12, 2017. Bishop Barron is one of the most popular Catholic figures in the world. During his homily, he invited the community to reach out to the “Nones” and to invite them into our life of faith. Check out some pictures on the Basilica Facebook page and Bishop Barron’s Facebook page from the event.
• Life is Beautiful Save the Date: Life is Beautiful, our annual Archdiocesan Respect Life Celebration, will take place on Sunday, January 14, 2018, in anticipation of the March for Life. This year we welcome Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR, from Corazón Puro (Pure Heart), as our special guest speaker. The Most Rev. William E. Lori will be the celebrant and homilist at the Mass at 10:45am in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption. There, the Life is Beautiful and Culture of Life awards will be presented and the pilgrims to the March for Life blessed. Join us after the Mass for a complimentary lunch reception with Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR. Save the date flyers are here in English and in Spanish.
• Young Adult Evening Prayer with Archbishop Lori: Young adults are invited to join Archbishop Lori for an evening of prayer, Las Posadas, and fellowship on December 19, from 7-9 at the Basilica in Baltimore. All are invited to bring their favorite Christmas cookies to share during fellowship. For more information please contact email@example.com. Flyers are available here in English (PDF/JPEG) and Spanish (PDF/JPEG).
• Event for Prison Ministry Volunteers and Those Interested in the Ministry: On November 18, 2017 from 8:00am-1:00pm, the Office of Prison Ministry will be hosting an event for prison ministry volunteers and those interested in the ministry. There will be Mass at 8:30am with a presentation by Stacy Golden, Coordinator of Pastoral Care in the Office of Respect Life. During the event, Prison Ministry will be introducing Fr. Carlos Cardoso, the New Chaplain of the Hagerstown Institution. Fr. Carlos is coming to the ministry from St. Jude’s Shrine.
• World Youth Day in Panama: The Archdiocese of Baltimore is taking a delegation of young adults to Panama in January 2019 for World Youth Day with the Holy Father and about a million young adults from around the world. Registration is currently underway. For more information please see Baltimore Catholic World Youth Day 2019 website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.