This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Vespers for Families Who have Lost Children Through Miscarriage; Rites for Pastoral Care of the Sick; Given; Young Adult Evening Prayer w/Abp. Lori; WYD in Panama; Sharing the Convocation 2017
Parish Table Talk
• Vespers for Families Who Have Lost Children Through Miscarriage: You and your family are invited to “Every Tear Wiped Away”: Vespers for Families Who Have Lost Children Through Miscarriage, for a night of prayer and remembrance. The Offices of Cemeteries and Respect Life will be hosting this prayer service at St. Mary’s Seminary and University (5400 Roland Avenue Baltimore, MD 21210) at 6pm on Monday, November 6, 2017 in the Seminary Chapel with the Most Reverend Adam J. Parker as presider. Please share this flyer with your networks.
• Rites for Pastoral Care of the Sick: Julie Grace Males, Director of the Office of Divine Worship, attended the National Meeting of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commission last week. Nearly one hundred fifty leaders from eighty-five dioceses gathered in Bloomington, Minnesota October 3-5, for the forty-eighth annual national meeting of the FDLC. Their focus was “Touching the Hem of His Garment: The Pastoral Care of the Sick.” Specifically, they examined the rites of the Pastoral Care of the Sick, their proper celebration, and the pastoral activities which surround them. Julie Grace is a board member of the FDLC and was named Committee Chair of the Formation Committee. The resources created from this committee will be available to all parishes in the Archdiocese upon their completion.
• Given: Unveiling the Meaning of Marriage: Last weekend dating, married, and engaged couples from around the Archdiocese participated in GIVEN: Unveiling the Mystery of Marriage. You can view the photos here. Please also invite parishioners to the next date—November 4th at St. Ignatius Hickory (See the flyer here). www.archbalt.org/marriage
• Young Adult Evening Prayer with Archbishop Lori: Save the Date: December 19, 2017! Join young adults from across the Archdiocese of Baltimore for an evening of candlelight prayer with Archbishop Lori. We will begin our evening at the Basilica of the Assumption at 7:00 pm with Vespers followed by Las Posadas, fellowship and cookie share at the Catholic Center. More details and publicity will be available shortly.
• World Youth Day in Panama: The Archdiocese of Baltimore is taking a delegation of young adults to Panama in January 2019 for World Youth Day with the Holy Father and about a million young adults from around the world. Registration is currently underway. For more information please see Baltimore Catholic World Youth Day 2019 website or contact email@example.com to register.
• Vocation Awareness Week: National Vocation Awareness Week is coming up November 5-11, 2017. There is a lot of good information about what parishes can do for this week to support vocations at this website.
• Sharing the Convocation 2017: The Convocation website has been redesigned. The website now has videos of all Convocation Plenary Sessions, Breakout session audio files, text of homilies and key presentations, foundational documents, and post-convocation next steps. Check it out here.