This week’s “Parish Table Talk”: Young Adult Evening Prayer w/Abp. Lori; Event for Prison Ministry Volunteers and Those Interested in the Ministry; March for Life 2018; Day of the Dead; Vespers for Families Who have Lost Children Through Miscarriage; Given; WYD in Panama; Sharing the Convocation 2017
Parish Table Talk
• Young Adult Evening Prayer with Archbishop Lori: Young adults are invited to join Archbishop Lori for an evening of prayer, Las Posadas, and fellowship on December 19, from 7-9 at the Basilica in Baltimore. All are invited to bring their favorite Christmas cookies to share during fellowship. For more information please contact email@example.com.
• Event for Prison Ministry Volunteers and Those Interested in the Ministry: On November 18, 2017 from 8:00am-1:00pm, the Office of Prison Ministry will be hosting an event for prison ministry volunteers and those interested in the ministry. There will be Mass at 8:30am with a presentation by Stacy Golden, Coordinator of Pastoral Care in the Office of Respect Life. During the event, Prison Ministry will be introducing Fr. Carlos Cardoso, the New Chaplain of the Hagerstown Institution. Fr. Carlos is coming to the ministry from St. Jude’s Shrine.
• March for Life 2018: The national March for Life is coming up soon on January 19, 2018. The theme this year is “Love Saves Lives”. In preparation for the March, we are trying to get an idea of which parishes/groups will be taking buses to the March and from where. Please contact the Office of Respect Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your parish’s/group’s bus plans if you will be chartering a bus.
• Day of the Dead or Día of los muertos: Day of the Dead, or Día de los muertos, is a popular tradition in Latin American culture. The celebration and activities of this tradition coincide with the days that the Church traditionally celebrates All Saints and All Souls day (Nov. 1st and 2nd). If you would like to learn more about the traditions associated with the Day of the Dead, please follow this link.
• Vespers for Families Who Have Lost Children Through Miscarriage: You and your family are invited to “Every Tear Wiped Away”: Vespers for Families Who Have Lost Children Through Miscarriage, for a night of prayer and remembrance. The Offices of Cemeteries and Respect Life will be hosting this prayer service at St. Mary’s Seminary and University (5400 Roland Avenue Baltimore, MD 21210) at 6pm on Monday, November 6, 2017 in the Seminary Chapel with the Most Reverend Adam J. Parker as presider. Please share this flyer with your networks.
• Given: Unveiling the Meaning of Marriage: Last weekend dating, married, and engaged couples from around the Archdiocese participated in GIVEN: Unveiling the Mystery of Marriage. You can view the photos here. Please also invite parishioners to the next date—November 4th at St. Ignatius Hickory (See the flyer here). www.archbalt.org/marriage
• World Youth Day in Panama: The Archdiocese of Baltimore is taking a delegation of young adults to Panama in January 2019 for World Youth Day with the Holy Father and about a million young adults from around the world. Registration is currently underway. For more information please see Baltimore Catholic World Youth Day 2019 website or contact email@example.com to register.
• Sharing the Convocation 2017: The Convocation website has been redesigned. The website now has videos of all Convocation Plenary Sessions, Breakout session audio files, text of homilies and key presentations, foundational documents, and post-convocation next steps. Check it out here.